You have to admit, it's pretty darn neat. And you can look at it for ages.
What should you be looking for as a writer? Look at the Creative, Publishing, and Identity lines
All the social networking sites. Are you on them in some form or another? Maybe you should look into them if you aren't.
Specifically, look at the prominence of the following domains:
- eHarmony (just kidding!)
- iTunes (podcasts, e-books, and audio-books, folks!)
- deviantArt (it's not just for visual art. And, yes, it is on the map twice)
- Any torrent site (NOT your friend. Piracy central)
- flickr (expanding your creative brand reach)
- YouTube (book trailers, recorded readings, Q&A, witty/witless author adventures)
Well, what do you think about this year's map? Do you think it's an adequate representation of where the web is going?